Administrative Assistant Search
Mountain View Church Administrative Assistant
General Responsibilities: General office & receptionist duties.
Reports to and is supervised by the Senior Pastor
General Qualifications: A person of high character with an evident faith in Jesus Christ -- who can maintain complete confidentiality and who possesses the strong organizational, technical/computer, language/communication, and people skills needed for the position. Priority will be given to candidates who are active members of Mountain View Church – but other qualified applicants will be given serious consideration. Previous administrative or secretarial experience preferred. Flexibility, good judgment, and the ability to set priorities while multi-tasking are necessary – since duties, circumstances, and responsibilities can change.
Those who will be considered as finalists for employment at Mountain View will be required to agree to a background check. While we will not require that the person who is offered and accepts this position be or become a member of Mountain View Church, we will require him or her to sign a statement expressing their agreement with our church's doctrinal statement and expressing their agreement to live in accordance to the moral expectations of those who are members of Mountain View Church."
Remuneration: TBD -- According to experience and skills.
Hours: 8:30-5:00 (with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break)
Days: A minimum of four days per week (Tuesday through Friday) – with a strong preference for someone who can work five days per week (Monday through Friday).
Benefits: Vacation days as specified in the Employee Handbook.
The anticipated/hoped for starting date for this position is between September and October of 2018. The person hired will be trained by our current Administrative Assistant for a week or two before assuming full-time responsibilities.
The Administrative Assistant at Mountain View serves as the “face” & “voice” of the church for those who drop by or call the office. He/She must be able to politely, accurately, and compassionately respond to and provide information for a variety of people contacting the church.
More specifically, the responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant at Mountain View include (but are not limited to):
- Answering the phone – providing a listening ear and answers to callers when possible & appropriate, screening callers, and redirecting callers as needed;
- Making telephone calls as requested by the Senior Pastor;
- Responding to & forwarding emails as appropriate;
- Retrieving church mail from the mailbox or receiving deliveries & then promptly distributing items to the appropriate persons.
- Managing the church master calendar;
- Managing Building Usage Requests & coordinating the scheduling of the use of the facility;
- Creating church publications (including our weekly bulletins, monthly newsletters, quarterly church directories; Congregational Reports; Certificates; Church brochures) using Microsoft Word & Microsoft Publisher and printing, publishing to the internet, &/or distributing church publications as directed;
- Overseeing the maintenance and use of the office copy machine – including ordering supplies and assuring that the machine is fully stocked with paper at the end of each shift and reloaded with toner when necessary;
- Correspondence as directed by the Senior Pastor (including frequent letters to first-time guests);
- Coordinating, scheduling, and communicating with ministry volunteers as directed by the Senior Pastor;
- Keeping our church’s online information up-to-date – including updating and posting to our official church website, the Church’s Facebook page, and our sermon page;
- Keeping our church family informed via regular and special emails;
- Creating Announcement Slides using PowerPoint (for use in our worship services & for use in the Lobby);
- Ordering educational materials and supplies (office, janitorial, building, etc.);
- Maintaining Church records/files (and being responsible for printing and distributing attendance sheets where appropriate) – weekly attendance for worship, CE, small groups as well as for membership, weddings, baptisms, funerals, congregational meetings, staff vacations, etc.;
- Keeping the Welcome Center in the Lobby organized & stocked with needed information, pens, etc.;
- Keeping the Resource Library organized and the catalogue of materials up-to-date;
- Reconciling expenses charged to the office credit card;
- Keeping the hallway picture board up-to-date (including arranging for pictures to be taken as needed);
- Contacting the appropriate persons as needed – to report maintenance problems, request information, etc.;
- Keeping storage rooms containing office supplies and related items clean and organized;
- Very occasional miscellaneous responsibilities including: being responsible for the candles used on Christmas Eve; Completing various forms and surveys; Overseeing or assisting with certain church functions that occur during your scheduled work day; ordering supplies and keeping the candy machine stocked;
- Other tasks as requested or assigned by the Senior Pastor.
If interested in this position, please submit your resume, the contact information and relationship (how they know you) of at least three references, and your salary requirements to: Pastor Bruce Smalley at:
• 6253 W. 28th ST, Greeley, CO 80634