FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What Can I Expect At Your Contemporary Worship Service?
Worship Services at Mountain View are a time to worship and celebrate Jesus Christ as well as learn from God's Word, the Bible. The celebration of communion, special music, drama, and video presentations are a few of the components of worship planned regularly throughout the year in addition to the weekly preaching and singing. As you look around during our times of public worship, you will notice that Mountain View is a gathering of people from multiple generations. We thank God for this reality! We believe it is great that, "generationally", our local church reflects our society as a whole, comprised of babies, children, teens, young adults, older adults, and even some who are approaching or who have attained their 90's! Recognizing that we are a "multi-generational" (or "cross-gen") congregation and recognizing that people from different generations often have different preferences or "taste", the musical portions of our public worship services at Mountain View will, by design, seek to reflect our diversity by being varied in style. In regard to lyrics: Our goal is to worship God with songs containing words that are true to the teachings of the Bible. In regard to "style": Recognizing that there is a time to "be still and know that the Lord is God" and that the Bible also calls us to praise God with loud instruments, our music will at times be soft and reflective and at other times robust and joyful! Our prayer is that God's people will seek to worship God throughout the week by doing everything for Him -- and that, when we come together, we will find joy in continuing our worship of Him with others, including some who are very different from ourselves! When we gather for public worship, let us gather to worship God & to hear from Him, not to hear or sing our favorite songs, not to get pumped up for another week, not to come away feeling good. The worship of God, not personal satisfaction must be our goal! Psalm 4:21-26; 40:3; 46:10; 98:1-9; 150.
What Can I Expect at Your Traditional Service?
At our 10:00 AM Traditional Worship Services you will experience a simple service which includes the congregational singing of 3-5 hymns or older praise choruses, prayer, and a message from the Bible that is similar to what is shared in the Contemporary Worship Services.
How Can I Know I Am a Christian?
- Acknowledge to God that you are a sinner separated from God by your sin. ”For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God.” – Romans 3:23
- Recognize that there is a penalty for your sin. ”For the payoff of sin is death.” –Romans 6:23
- Understand that your own self-effort cannot bridge the gap between you and God. ”He saved us not by works of righteousness that we have done but on the basis of his mercy…” –Titus 3:5
- Believe that Jesus Christ has already paid the penalty for your sin. He is God’s solution to our need. The Apostle Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 15:3, “For I passed on to you as of first importance what I also received – that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures…” Romans 5:6 tells us that “Christ died for the ungodly”. And, in John 316 we are told: “For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.” –John 3:16.
- Trust Christ and Christ alone for your salvation. In Romans 10:9 we read that “…if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Our eternal destiny is not based on the good that we do, but on the basis of our faith in Christ. You must trust in Christ alone, not in a prayer, a church, or your baptism or other good works. Only faith in Christ will save you from God’s wrath in the Day of Judgment. If we really are trusting Christ, we will demonstrate our gratitude for what He has done for us by seeking to live for Him. Ephesians 2:8-10 tell us that we are saved by God’s grace through faith in Jesus – and that God saves us so that we might do good works!
We welcome the chance to talk to you about your faith in Christ. Please feel free to contact us.
See more at Evangecube.